Space to Think is a new project for women running small to medium sized charities or social enterprises. Here are 13 tips distilled from the wisdom of the current group. They were so good, we just had to share them:
- Use the probationary period
- Recruit for attitude – it’s easier to train people in any skills they may lack
- Don’t be limited by your budget: you can bring almost any skill in through volunteers
- Every day is an opportunity to find out something amazing about the people in your organisation
- Sometimes the answer or solution to your quandary comes from someone unexpected
- Find out what resources and investment are needed to bring out the best in each individual on your team
- ACAS is there for you and is free and accessible
- Clarify your communication and be clear in getting your message across
- Recognise the whole person
- Tell people what they’re brilliant at
- Don’t delay telling people what they need to know
- Be compassionate in everything you do
- Leave your own emotions aside when dealing with difficult issues.
For more information about Space to Think, contact email@example.com.